The type of hair extensions that most women prefer is virgin hair extensions. That is because virgin hair is real human hair that has never undergone any kind of chemical treatment. It has never been dyed, bleached, permed, or straightened. This means the hair extensions can be chemically treated any time the owner wants to. Because of the characteristics of virgin hair, extensions made of this hair type are priced much higher than other types of hair extensions.
If you want to have your virgin hair extensions bleached, you can have it done at the salon or right at your very own home. To bleach virgin hair extensions at home, all you need are bleaching kit, a pair of gloves (if gloves are not included in your bleaching kit), towels, rags, plastic cap, warm water, shampoo, and deep conditioner. When you already have these items, do the following:
- Put rags on the floor and sink so they will not be damaged by the bleach.
- Drape an old towel around your neck and over your shoulders. This is to prevent contact between the bleach and your skin and clothes. The bleach can irritate your skin and damage your clothes.
- Wear the gloves so the skin of your hands will not be burned by the bleach.
- Take out the contents of your bleaching kit and carefully read the instructions. The contents include a bowl, powder bleach, brush, and hydrogen peroxide.
- Pour hydrogen peroxide and powder bleach into the bowl. Use the brush to mix the two substances together. The bleach should have a batter-like consistency.
- Apply bleach on your hair and virgin hair extensions using the brush. Make sure that all strands are coated with bleach. Do not let the bleach get in contact with your scalp because the bleach can burn it.
- Wear a plastic cap and wait for 30 minutes or the length of time indicated in the instructions on the bleaching kit before you rinse your hair. If you feel any pain, rinse your hair right away even if the required time is not yet reached.
- Use warm water to rinse your hair. Make sure that your hair is properly rinsed.
- Shampoo your hair gently. After rinsing the shampoo out, remove excess water.
- Gently massage deep conditioner into your hair.
- Rinse out the conditioner and then style your hair as you want.
Virgin hair extensions are really the best hair extensions. They have the best quality and they can be chemically treated any time you want to. You can easily bleach these extensions at your own home. Just follow the instructions listed above to have your extensions bleached.